V. V. Sangeet Mahavidyalaya, Sultan Bazar

The Vivek Vardhini Sangeet Mahavidyalaya started in 1951 under the able guidance and active participation of Dr. SB Deshpande. There are various courses available in Hindustani/ Carnatic , vocal music as well as in various musical instruments such as Sitar, Harmonium, Tabla, key board etc.

\r\n

The Mahavidyalaya was established under the auspices of V.V Education Society in November 1951. In the beginning the music classes were conducted on contract basis. One third of the fees income was remitted to the account of the superintendent of the Vivek Vardhini high school for expenditure and two third of the fees income was paid to the teaching staff towards remuneration. The management of V. V. Sangeet Mahavidyalaya was taken over by the V.V. Education Society from August 1961.

\r\n

The Mahavidyalaya conducts its classes in the premises of Dr. Daware Primary School, Sultan Bazar Hyderabad.

\r\n

The classes are conducted on every alternate day from 5.00 PM to 8.00 PM. The college is affiliated to A B Gandhrava Maha Vidyalaya Mandal , Miraj and their syllabus is being followed.

V. V. Arts Section, Jambagh

Shri Nawagire an artist of great repute and Drawing teacher of Vivek Vardhini Pathashala started a school of fine arts in 1912. Students of this school appeared for 1st and 2nd grade examinations conducted by J.J. School of Fine Arts Bombay. This school flourished very well and continued to attract many students, who appeared for various examination of J.J. School of Fine Arts, Bombay.

\r\n

Shri D.G. Dongre, an alumnus of J.J. School of Fine Arts took over the charge of Vivek Vardhini School of Arts in 1951. Since then he struggled for its development.

\r\n

Shri Narendra Rai, Shri Gouri Shankar, Shri Laulkar, Smt. Srivastav are amongst the prominent students who passes out from this school under the able guidance if Shri D.G. Dongre. “Shri D.G. Dongre’s Art Gallary” was established and inaugurated by Padma Sri Jagdish Mittal on 23rd March 2006.

\r\n

Classes are held during morning & evening hours, in the premises of Vivek Vardhini Boy's High School.

V.V. Primary School (MM), Putalibowli

Vivek Vardhini Primary School is the oldest institution of the Society, imparting instruction through Marathi Medium for classes 1 to 5. It is a co-education school, located in the premises of Vivek Vardhini Kanyashala. Great stalwarts like Shri S.G. Nashikkar, Shri R.G. Karandikar and Shri G.D. Kulkarni were the Head Masters of this school, who struggled for its development. It is an aided institution recognized by the Government.

Dr. Daware U.P.S., Sultan Bazar

Dr. Dawre Upper Primary School was established in 1940, catering to the Education needs of Marathi Speaking population residing in Sultan Bazar and its surrounding areas. It was later upgraded to Upper Primary level by opening VI & VII classes.

\r\n

Shri Dev Rao Jatkar, Shri Dattopant Pisolkar, Dr. S.K. Davre, Shri Madhav Rao Gadgil and others were pioneers in establishing this school. Dr. S.K. Davre donated Rs.7000 for the purchase municipal Gadikhana, an open space, for starting this Primary School.

\r\n

Dr. Dawre Upper Primary School is located in a spacious campus with well laid down class rooms. The medium of instruction, though English language is taught from III standard. The school has adequate qualified staff to teach various subjects. The school organizes literary and cultural activities and sports & games competitions for personality development of children.

\r\n

Recently the school has established Computer Education Section, to provide basic information and training in computers.

\r\n

The school organizes Spoken English classes to develop communication skill among children.

\r\n

Shri N.S. Pohnerkar was the Ist Head Master of this school. It was late Shri B.D. Kulkarni, who struggled enthusiastically for the development of the school.

V.V. Upper Primary School (EM), Jambagh

Vivek Vardhini Primary School (E.M.), Jambagh

\r\n

This school was established in 1961 for imparting education through English medium. Earlier it was a Primary school but subsequently upgraded to Upper Primary level by opening 6th and 7th classes. Raja Dhanrajgirgi Bahadur inaugurated this school on 1st January 1961.

\r\n

At present the school is located in the eastern wing of the High School building. It has spacious well furnished class rooms with required facilities. All the staff members are fully qualified to teach the school subjects. The school provides free textbooks, exercise notebooks and workbooks.