Articles

Dr. Daware U.P.S., Sultan Bazar

Dr. Dawre Upper Primary School was established in 1940, catering to the Education needs of Marathi Speaking population residing in Sultan Bazar and its surrounding areas. It was later upgraded to Upper Primary level by opening VI & VII classes.

\r\n

Shri Dev Rao Jatkar, Shri Dattopant Pisolkar, Dr. S.K. Davre, Shri Madhav Rao Gadgil and others were pioneers in establishing this school. Dr. S.K. Davre donated Rs.7000 for the purchase municipal Gadikhana, an open space, for starting this Primary School.

\r\n

Dr. Dawre Upper Primary School is located in a spacious campus with well laid down class rooms. The medium of instruction, though English language is taught from III standard. The school has adequate qualified staff to teach various subjects. The school organizes literary and cultural activities and sports & games competitions for personality development of children.

\r\n

Recently the school has established Computer Education Section, to provide basic information and training in computers.

\r\n

The school organizes Spoken English classes to develop communication skill among children.

\r\n

Shri N.S. Pohnerkar was the Ist Head Master of this school. It was late Shri B.D. Kulkarni, who struggled enthusiastically for the development of the school.